Review: Colourpop - My First Lippie Experience

6:00 PM


Photo Credits to: +nitaxbelle 

Beauty bloggers from the US have been raving about Colourpop these days. Here in the Philippines, I have only seen a few of them who have succumbed to the rave. This made me much more interested in having these crayon/marker-looking lipstick thingy, which I find so adorbs!

 Being a lipstick addict with ZERO budget, (being a stay-at-home wife for the past year wiped out my ability to buy hoard beauty stuffs) seeing the price tag made me jump out for joy! They only sell for Php 225 ($5)! Unfortunately, Colourpop is not available commercialy here in the Philippines so I need to hunt for Instagram entrepreneurs who sell them. The price ranges from Php 250-Php 300, which is not that bad. 

Remembering that I have subscribed to a forwarding company that ships straight from the US to the Philippines, I immediately went on the Colourpop's website. Upon loading, I immediately went ape sh*t and added all the shades that I think will look damn fine on me. After doing so, I clicked the checkout button and stared at the total price: $60 (Php 2,700)

HELL, NO! My frugal side slapped the hell out of me! So I said to myself, "Remove some most of the items here. Leave the shades that you can use the most." 

So I ended up with these babies:


Ultra Matte Lipstick
Midi
Solow

Lippie Stix
Frida
Lumiere


Let me do my best to describe to you the shades, pros and cons of each one. ;)



Midi

  • light nude beige with a slight tinge of pink in super MATTE finish
  • personally, it's too light for my skin tone but I still like it 'cause I can pair it with a dramatic eye ;)
  • glides on smoothly but be prepared to clean the edges a bit (unless you're a liquid lipstick application guru)
  • dries fast and stays there for a long time (no need to reapply over and over the whole day)
  • BEWARE: if you're a gal who has dry lips, i recommend you do exfoliate (once or twice a week) first and apply a mosturizing lip balm before slabbing this on.
  • VERDICT: 3.9/5 
Solow

  • neutral nude pink in super MATTE finish
  • this is my favorite Ultra Matte shade, I feel so girly wearing this
  • glides on smoothly but be prepared to clean the edges a bit (unless you're a liquid lipstick application guru)
  • dries fast and stays there for a long time (no need to reapply over and over the whole day)
  • BEWARE: if you're a gal who has dry lips, i recommend you do exfoliate (once or twice a week) first and apply a mosturizing lip balm before slabbing this on.
  • VERDICT: 5/5
Frida

  • a shade CP collabed with +CoffeeBreakwithDani 
  • warm mid tone nude pink in SATIN finish
  • there's something weird about the formula that the satin finish has, I just can't pinpoint what it is.
  • glides on smoothly and smells sweet
  • you need to slab it on a few more times in order for the color to totally pop
  • don't last long so I recommend to use it's corresponding lip liner
  • VERDICT: 3.7/5

Lumiere
  • a shade CP collabed with +KathleenLights 
  • mauve-y pink shade in MATTE finish
  • perfect for us Filipinas 'cause it has a warm undertone so it's my go-to MLBB shade lately
  • glides on smoothly and it smells sweet
  • don't last long so I recommend to use it's corresponding lip liner
  • VERDICT: 4.5/5
Would I repurchase? Definitely Y-E-S for Lumiere and Solow

Did you purchase any of these Colourpop goodies lately? What shades do you recommend?

~xo
Geth | My Nifty Thrifty Journey










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook